Friday 30 November 2012

Confessions of a Shopaholic


Have you ever regretted buying things… over and over again? Well, I have. Over these past few years I started working part-time and earned quite a big sum of money. Unfortunately my bank account will never vouch for it because it’s empty. Why? You say. Well, it’s because I’m a shopaholic. I hate to admit it. But I am. I buy things just for the thrill. Once, I get going I never stop. Silly me. I need serious help. I usually get an urge to spend my money. I think “Oh, I’ve got lots of money in my account, I deserve to spend it.” When I’m on my way home it hits me, I realize I’ve spent too much money. I have this whole conversation in my head about how I need to control myself in the future. Sadly, it never works and I repeat the same conversation with myself. Shopping is like a drug to me, I can’t function without spending money. 

I feel like Rebecca Bloomwood from the Shopaholic series written by Sophie Kinsella, who struggles with paying off credit card bills. I should freeze my credit card in a huge ice cube like she did but I’m afraid it might damage the chip. Oh, what will I do with myself? I feel sorry for my future husband, he will need to work day and night to pay off my spending habits. But that’s alright, I’m sure he’ll do whatever it takes to keep me happy. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment